With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Technician, you will gain a concise and accurate picture of a candidate’s strengths, limitations and overall potential for the job.
The product includes:
- An elaborate report that helps with both selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and possible development areas
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in easy to understand terms
- A phone consultation with a consultant to explain the report’s results and its implications (accreditation in Caliper also available to allow in-house interpretation and debriefing)
- Behavioural-based interview questions to ask candidates based on assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included
Technicians set up, manage, or repair equipment, computer networks, or some forms of intellectual property. They are responsible for recognising or troubleshooting problems, repairing broken parts, and installing necessary upgrades. Their work is generally quite complex and requires some specialised knowledge or skills.
Examples of Technician Positions in India are:
Service Technician, Field Mechanic, Quality Service Technician, Industry Specialist, Desktop Technician.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Quality Focus – Technicians ensure that all work in their area of the business, but also throughout the organisation, by vendors and suppliers throughout India, etc. is performed skillfully and to high standards for quality and integrity.
Analytical Thinking – They are able to understand the underlying concepts in complex information, identify the roots of problems, and come up with solutions based on the available information.
Time Management – Technicians focus on completing all work tasks in the allocated time while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously while still being organised, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work meticulously.
Information Seeking – They are driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues that are trending in India. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for more precise information; resolving conflicts by asking a series of questions; or conducting broader environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be useful in the future.
Continuous Learning – Technicians take charge of their own learning and professional development. They are apprehensive of the knowledge and skills that they will need to grow in their career, actively seek out professional development means to take care of knowledge and skill gaps, and have the personal discipline to achieve learning goals.
Service Focus – They place emphasis on creating customer loyalty by continually improving the customer experience. This relates to the ability to identify and understand the needs of customers, manage expectations, and give priority to fulfilling and exceeding those needs.