With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Sales Manager, you will gain a concise and accurate picture of a candidate’s strengths, limitations and overall potential for the job.
The product includes:
- An elaborate report that helps with both selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and possible development areas
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in easy to understand terms
- A phone consultation with a consultant to explain the report’s results and its implications (accreditation in Caliper also available to allow in-house interpretation and debriefing)
- Behavioural-based interview questions to ask candidates based on assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included
Sales Managers motivate, oversee, and develop sales teams. They appoint salespeople to specific Indian territories, set revenue targets, and communicate with other managers in different departments such as sales, production, and customer service.
Examples of Sales Manager Positions in India are:
Sales Manager, Director of Sales, Regional Vice President.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Coaching and Developing – Sales Managers invest time, and are committed, to directing reports and providing processes and opportunities for employees to understand their strengths and limitations in relation to a range of high-quality and relevant competencies.
Deliberative Decision Making – They tend to gather, contemplate, and assess all relevant information to make logical conclusions before taking action.
Driving Results – Sales Managers motivate individuals to achieve and exceed goals by establishing responsibilities, clarifying performance expectations, driving employees to meet high standards and measures, monitoring and commenting on performance, and providing timely and constructive feedback.
Business Acumen – They make well-grounded business decisions based on a deep understanding of the company’s business models, strategic goals, and relevant policies, as well as best practices and current technologies in their own discipline or functional area.
Composure and Resiliency – Sales Managers are able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even in hard times. This competency includes the ability and disposition to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, criticism and conflicts, with the ability to remain level-headed in the face of hostility or provocation.
Negotiating – They recognise key bargaining points for all parties involved and work effectively toward mutually beneficial solutions.
Relationship Building – Sales Managers develop active long-term professional relationships with employees based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are able to get positive results.