With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Sales, you will gain a concise and accurate picture of a candidate’s strengths, limitations and overall potential for the job.
The product includes:
- An elaborate report that helps with both selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and possible development areas
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in easy to understand terms
- A phone consultation with a consultant to explain the report’s results and its implications (accreditation in Caliper also available to allow in-house interpretation and debriefing)
- Behavioural-based interview questions to ask candidates based on assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included
This is a general-purpose model for roles in a Sales context in India. It could be used to assess roles where the employee needs to convince customers or prospects to buy into proposals, build meaningful give-and-take relationships, and understand the customers’ needs and how they fit with the products and services they are selling.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Influence and Persuasion – Salespeople can effectively persuade, convince, influence, or impress others to get them to support a specific agenda, make a specific type of impression, or take a specific course of action.
Composure and Resiliency – They are able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even in hard times. This competency includes the ability and disposition to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, criticism and conflicts, with the ability to remain level-headed in the face of hostility or provocation.
Relationship Building – Salespeople develop active long-term professional relationships with employees based on trust: trust that they will always work toward the best interest of those involved and that they are able to get positive results.
Active Listening – They reach mutual understanding in communication with others by expressing genuine interest in the content and meaning of other people’s messages. They ask clarifying questions to ensure they’re aware of the situation and to get more information, and they rephrase what is said to ensure they understand the meaning and interpretation.
Information Seeking – Salespeople are driven by an underlying curiosity and desire to know more about things, people, or issues that are trending in India. This involves going beyond routine questions and includes digging or pressing for more precise information; resolving conflicts by asking a series of questions; or conducting broader environmental scanning for opportunities or miscellaneous information that may be useful in the future.
Time Management – They focus on completing all work tasks in the allocated time while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously while still being organised, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work meticulously.