With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Foreman, you will gain a concise and accurate picture of a candidate’s strengths, limitations and overall potential for the job.
The product includes:
- An elaborate report that helps with both selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and possible development areas
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in easy to understand terms
- A phone consultation with a consultant to explain the report’s results and its implications (accreditation in Caliper also available to allow in-house interpretation and debriefing)
- Behavioural-based interview questions to ask candidates based on assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included
Foremen direct, coordinate, and oversee the activities of tradespeople, other skilled workers or craftspeople to complete their assigned projects. They are responsible for ensuring that work is performed according to specifications, safety regulations, at desired levels of quality, on time, and on budget. Foremen may work in any environment where construction, installation, maintenance, or repair projects commonly occur.
Examples of Foremen Positions in India are:
Foreman, Construction Manager, Construction Foreman, Construction Superintendent, Job Supervisor, General Contractor, Electrical Foreman, Facilities Manager, Field Supervisor, Maintenance Supervisor.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Directing – Foremen oversee the contribution and performance of individual employees as well as teams to ensure company goals are achieved and standards are met. This involves communicating with colleagues to clearly state expectations about their work, timeliness and quality.
Quality Focus – They ensure that all work in their area of the business, but also throughout the organisation, by vendors and suppliers throughout India, etc. is performed skillfully and to high standards for quality and integrity.
Time Management – They focus on completing all work tasks in the allocated time while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously while still being organised, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work meticulously.
Safety Focus – They take the necessary practical actions to minimise the incidence and probability of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses. They excel at keeping up with current workplace safety laws, research, and best practices; raising awareness for safety-related issues; remaining vigilant for potential hazards; and taking every precaution to protect the well-being of all employees.
Communicating – They provide the information that others need in a concise, direct, and straightforward manner. They are aware of how their message affects the receiver and strive to make sure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message.
Composure and Resiliency – They are able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even in hard times. This competency includes the ability and disposition to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, criticism and conflicts, with the ability to remain level-headed in the face of hostility or provocation.