With the Caliper’s Advisor Competency Report for Educator,
you will gain a concise and accurate picture of a candidate’s strengths, limitations and overall potential for the job.
The product includes:
- An elaborate report that helps with both selection and development
- A detailed analysis of the individual’s strengths and possible development areas
- Descriptions of potential competencies and representative behaviours in easy to understand terms
- A phone consultation with a consultant to explain the report’s results and its implications (accreditation in Caliper also available to allow in-house interpretation and debriefing)
- Behavioural-based interview questions to ask candidates based on assessment results in recruitment reports
- Managing for Success suggestions, which include coaching recommendations and tips for working with the individual
- A Function-Fit index and/or Caliper Consultant’s recommendation can be included
Educators present information, share knowledge, and give instruction in such a way that the learners can understand. Educators can be found in any accredited learning, training, or professional development environment, including those in the academic or business world.
Examples of Educator Positions in India are:
Training and Development Specialist, Tutor, Trainer, Teacher, Corporate Training Specialist, Professor, Lecturer, Adult Basic Education Teacher, Instructor, Management Development Specialist.
COMPETENCY AREAS MEASURED BY THIS REPORT:
Instructing – Educators show confidence in their area of expertise, have the patience to thoroughly explain concepts or information to others, and work with their audience to ensure understanding.
Learning Agility – They are able to discern patterns in data, recognise relationships between concepts, and can rapidly apply learning from one context to solve comparable problems in different contexts.
Time Management –Educators focus on completing all work tasks in the allocated time while remaining responsive enough to react to competing demands and shifting priorities. They are able to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously while still being organised, keeping on top of important time-sensitive tasks, and performing all work meticulously.
Professionalism – They rigorously adhere to basic values such as courtesy, respect, honesty, and responsibility in all dealings with peers, managers, customers, partners, members of the community, stakeholders, and others.
Composure and Resiliency – Educators able to deal effectively with pressure, maintain focus and intensity, and remain optimistic and persistent, even in hard times. This competency includes the ability and disposition to recover quickly from setbacks, rejections, criticism and conflicts, with the ability to remain level-headed in the face of hostility or provocation.
Adaptability – They are able to change direction when external influences affect an initial plan, may adapt standard procedures when necessary and they can handle multiple demands at once if it is required.
Communicating – Educators provide the information that others need in a concise, direct, and straightforward manner. They are aware of how their message affects the receiver and strive to make sure that the receiver clearly understands the specifics and function of the message.
Deliberative Decision Making – They tend to gather, contemplate, and assess all relevant information to make logical conclusions before taking action.